Claims and Dispute Resolution
Did you know:
- Legal Aid in real terms has all but been abolished?
- The Courts’ “Small Claims” financial limit has been increased to £10,000 (which means that even if you win your case and your claim has a value up to this amount you are unlikely to recover your legal costs from your opponent)?
- Solicitors’ fees are now around £200 plus VAT per hour (in many cases higher) for this type of work?
I can give advice, assistance and support to you for these "Small Claims" actions.
Subject to certain conditions and the permission of the Judge, I am able to act as your 'McKenzie Friend' at Court.
As your 'McKenzie Friend' I may:
- Provide moral support for you
- Take notes
- Help with case papers
- Give advice on any aspect of the conduct of your case.
What I may not do, as your 'McKenzie Friend':
- Act as your agent (representative) in relation to the proceedings
- Manage your case outside court, for example by signing court documents
- Address the court, make oral submissions or examine witnesses.