Do we need a fresh approach to our personal relationships and in particular, marriage (and here we are using the term in the wider sense to include cohabiting couples)?
It is probably the case that most, if not all, of us enter marriage with a lot of hope and enthusiasm- whether this is for our first, or subsequent, marriages. We probably plan to remain married to this person forever (otherwise what would be the point?)
What would happen if we had a clearly written document that sets out in detail:
- Our expectations, including time spent with friends and family, managing disposable income, division of work, and raising children?
- How we will deal with the times when compromise is necessary, and no one wants to?
- What the "deal-breakers" are. Alcohol or drug addiction? Bad behavior? Infidelity? Violence? Being taken for granted?
What if, when we reach an intolerable point in our marriages, instead of saying, "I don't know what to do," we had already agreed on what to do?
I can advise you on:
- Civil Partnerships
- Pre-Nuptual and Cohabitation Agreements
- (Relationship Agreements – coming to the UK soon!)
And if all else fails:
- Ancillary relief (financial matters)
- Children Act matters
- Injunction Orders
So, don’t delay. Whether you are at the start of a case or relationship, or are already some way down the road and are dissatisfied with your current representation, contact me now for a no-obligation discussion about how I can help you.